Aesthetic Day Surgery has medication procedures in place which have been developed using best practice principles. Aesthetic Day Surgery takes all medication errors very seriously. We encourage staff to report any errors. All medication incidents are investigated and actioned.
Medication is an important part of your treatment when you come to the day surgery. We will ask you about the medicines you take.
Please tell us if you are using:
- Tablets from a pharmacist or supermarket
- Liquid medicine, e.g. cough syrup
- Natural therapies such as herbs and tinctures
- Vitamin supplements
- Medicated creams
- Eye drops You can help ensure safe medications use by:
- Bringing all of your medicines to the day surgery with you
- Keeping an up-to-date list of your medicines and showing it to our staff when you come to the day surgery
- Letting the staff know if you have had any allergies or bad reactions to medicines in the past
- Knowing the name of each of your medicines, what it is for, how it should be taken and any side effects. This is especially important for any new medications
- Asking what medicines you’re receiving and why
- Ensuring you receive an updated list of medicines with information about each – what it is for, how to take it and any side effects to look out for when you go home
- Understanding which other medicines, foods or drinks to avoid when taking the medicine